Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Blog Focus.....

Over the weekend I thought a lot about educational blogging and all the things that come along with it such as managing and promoting a blog site. There are all types of different blogs, it is crazy! Your audience choice and intentions are so critical! I really do not want to depend on technology so I think that I am going to do something really basic with blogs in my future classroom.

I have concluded for my purposes, I am going to use blogging as a means of assessment. I think it will give me greater insight on what my students truly understand and have learned as a result of my teaching and activities. I have a feeling that the students will be more open when reflecting via blogs. I am hoping they will not feel any pressure when writing. I think I am going to present the blogs as a mandatory assignment but really use them to help me assess each student. I am pretty sure that if I present the blogs as an assessment the students are only going to try and write what they think I want to hear. That is the total opposite of what I want. I would really like to see what my students think of what is going on in the classroom. I also think most people are more comfortable expressing themselves using technology. I could gain some really great insight on who my students are as people as well which can be very useful in helping me meet their needs!

As a result, I do not have to do too much blog promoting because it is simply for my students. However, I plan on sharing the address with my students' parents as well as the principal of my school just so they can stop by and see what is going on in my classroom if they are interested. As for managing, I am going to use  Google Reader and subscribe to the RSS feeds. Each class I have will have their own folder so it is easier to keep track of everyone. Nothing too complicated. I'm looking to blogging as a means of something different to do that I think my students and I will enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment