Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 21, 2011

Marketing Plan....

As I read over other peoples' blogs and check out different links and videos, I am slowly putting together my blog marketing plan! It feels great! :)

There are so many different approaches to promoting a blog. It truly depends on the audience the blogger is trying to target! As many others have already done, I have decided to aim my blog towards a more educational crowd. This would include students, parents, administrators and of course other educators. With this in mind, I plan on including my blog address on my class syllabus as well as with my signature for my school e-mail and you can't forget business cards! I also intend on leaving my blog address when commenting on other educational blogs.

Since I plan on focusing my blog closely on my classroom and meeting the needs of my students, I do not think it is necessary that I deal with advertising and all that. I am not trying to go global or become famous because of my blog therefore, I am not going to go to extreme measures to promote it. Also, I have a feeling I am going to be quite busy with the everyday tasks of teaching!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you won’t need to add the advertising to your educational website if you are only making it for your classes and their parents. Might look a little "cleaner" to the parents that are visiting it anyways. Teaching is a very busy career so I think you're on the right track. :)

    ReplyDelete