Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Introduction

Aloha everyone! My name is Tori Kagawa. I come from a small town called Waimea on the island of Kauai. For those of you who don't know where that is, it is in the state of Hawaii! I am currently in my last term of the MSED Info. Tech program. Unlike most others in this program, I do not have a full time teaching job. My dream teaching job however would be in a kindergarten classroom. I plan on moving back to Hawaii after I complete my masters degree to pursue my teaching career. I come from a family full of educators! My mom, dad, and grandma all taught 30+ years! It is truly my passion! :) I love sports, the beach, and my family means the world to me. In all honesty, I am not a huge fan of sitting in front of a computer screen all day, I'd much rather be outdoors. However, I am all about learning! The more I can learn the better!

As far as blogs go, I am really excited for this course. I have heard about and read many blogs throughout the years but never actually took the time use them myself. I can only imagine what I am going to be able to do with blogging after this class. Even though I am interested in working with younger children, I am sure that there are blogging activities that can be appropriate to use. I truly think it is going to be a great way to learn what my students think and how they feel which will help me best meet their needs.

4 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that somewhere perhaps deep in your mind, you already have some ideas how you might to a blog in teaching. Those ideas are a great starting point for investigating future uses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tori! I finally visited Hawaii last summer for the first time and it was glorious. We spent some time on Kauai and loved it--you come from a beautiful place. I'l be interested to see what kind of a blog you design. Would you be reaching out to parents or maybe to other Kindergarten teachers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tori! Whenever I hear about someone moving BACK to Hawaii, my mind translates it to "moving back to paradise." I've been to Hawaii several (6? 7?) times and Kauai twice. My family was last there in 2008. We remember joining a boat that went around the island, seeing those spots that have been in movies (King Kong, Tropic Thunder). We also went to a smaller island that made history in WWII when a Japanese fighter pilot crash landed there.

    I'm glad to be joining a profession that has the summer off from work so I can continue to travel with my family to such beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tori! I LOVE your page! I didn't know you lived in Hawaii. I love Hawaii - there is such a different feel about it and a beauty that is indescribable. I loved it when I went a couple of years ago and had macadamia nut ice cream at Cold Stone! Gotta love a paradise that has a Cold Stone on it! :o} Have a great week and I'll see you on Saturday! :o}

    ReplyDelete